Friday, April 12, 2013

Sometimes...

Sometimes my children will surprise me in the best ways. Milagro is obsessed with all things "My L*ttle P*ny."  When she saw that Bu*ld-a-B*ar was bringing MLP plush toys she declared that she had to have one. We told her she needed to earn the money herself. She circled the arrival date (April 1) on the calendar and periodically checked in about ways to earn money. During our annual neighborhood Easter egg hunt she found lots of money in her plastic egg and ended up with $12.00. She was so excited and motivated to keep earning money. Today after getting money from the Magic Mouse (aka El Raton Perez, the equivalent of the tooth fairy in our house) she was still shy $6 but closer to her goal. Without any prompting Corazon gave her $3 she got for doing extra chores and Pollito gave her $2 from his Easter money. Just like that! I told them how happy they made her and how proud I was that they were being so kind and generous. Later this afternoon she was talking with Tortuga about how excited she was to be so close to her goal and she was telling him her plans for earning that last dollar. He looked at me and asked if I still had his $4 from the last of his money. I said yes and he asked me to give it to her because he wasn't going to need it and he "wanted to make her happy." This is huge! He is my most self-centered and selfish child and he just handed it over to her. She is over the moon and I am one proud mom!

3 comments:

Lee said...

I think altruism is the hardest thing for our trauma kids to get. Kudos to them all!

Angel The Alien said...

That is so sweet that they all wanted to help her out! Sometimes having brothers and sisters can be awesome.

Vertical Mom said...

Holy cow! This is awesome! It made ME cry and I've never met your kids!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed