Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Someone is officially 3 1/2....

Milagro is such an incredible treasure...and she is mine. Ever feel like you must have done something right to deserve the happiness you have? That's how this little one makes me feel. Every. Single. Day. She will be in another room doing her thing and suddenly call out "MOM!" When I ask what she needs she will say "Nothing mom. I wanted to tell you I love you forever and forever and forever."

These days our goodnight routine these days is as follows: I tuck her in. She says..."You are supposed to say 'I love you." I say "I love you." She says "I love you TOO!" I say "sleep tight." and she responds "Sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite." I say "I love you to the moon and back." She says "I love you to the moon and back and more than rice and beans!" I repeat what she says and she adds "AND more than strawberries, blueberries, chocolate, milk, mac & cheese, tacos, and lollipops!" Every. Single. Night.  If she comes into my room at night because she had a bad dream she leans in close to me, tears falling down her face, and whispers "mom can you hold me?" As I take her in my arms, I ask why she is whispering and she says she doesn't want to wake C. up! I think that even though she thinks it's fine to wake me up in the middle of the night this still qualifies her as a thoughtful child... :-) I cannot imagine what I did to deserve such amazing love from this little being.  Happy 3 and 1/2!





4 comments:

matryoshka said...

She is so beautiful!!

Lee said...

She has the best grin! Happy 3 1/2 from New England!

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

She is such a beautiful sweetie!

As you know, I have one biological too. The differences in a child who comes from a reasonably solid start, vs trauma and neglect, it's staggering.

She is adorable, and I cannot believe she is so old now!

Lindsay Mama to Nine said...

My goodness that post had me in tears! She. is. Absolutely. Edible!!! What a doll...and what a SWEET Mama to write such a lovely post!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed