Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This is part of the healing too...

We have had lots of fun over the past two and a half weeks. We took a trip to the beach then Tortuga went camping with his grandpa in PA while the rest of us went to a waterpark. Upon our return we had a great visit with some dear friends from MA and got to meet the newest member of the family who is all of 6 months old (baby HEAVEN!) They have all had a grand time and of course, we all know what happens to some of our children when things go "too" well...

I woke up to a very dysregulated Corazon. She has been on the edge for the last few days but held it together until this morning. She had a trumpet lesson scheduled and decided it would be fun to jam her mouthpiece into the trumpet. So now it is stuck and will likely need to go to the repair shop. This was only the beginning. She forgot how to brush her teeth, get dressed, shower, deodorant ("what is that?" she asked as I reminded her to put it on), drink from a glass, eat at the table, etc.  Not to be outdone the boys managed to keep up nicely. Even though I took Pollito to the bathroom twice during the night he managed to pee all over himself and his bed. Then he screamed the whole time he was showering. Breakfast went right to the floor along with his milk. He then went outside to play (I needed a break) and he managed to "break" Milagro's tricycle. I dragged him kicking and screaming gently put him down for his nap (at 11 a.m.!) The best part was Tortuga.

Apparently last night he had an ear ache. It was so "bad" that he couldn't get out of bed to use the bathroom. Instead he screamed and screamed until he woke up the entire household saying he had to pee. When I went in he couldn't get out of bed because his ear hurt and wanted me to help him pee! Ummm... No. There were no tears and no real indicators that he had done more than sleep on his ear but he wouldn't let me touch him to check because "everything" hurt especially his ear. All this was said in signs (pointing to wrong ear and making small circles with his finger while grimacing.) I asked what he wanted me to do to help him pee and suggested diapers. He screamed at me so I left. It didn't end there. This morning his room was flooded. I am not kidding. Of course, it was my fault for not helping him use the bathroom. Now he is mad at me but like a good mom I have tucked him into bed with a little bit of ibuprofen and ben*dryl until he feels better.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

The up and downs are so exciting aren't they? Glad I'm not the only one. ;-)

GB's Mom said...

You are an outstanding Mom. Good Job! :)

J. said...

you hang in there too, this to shall pass with some time and a whole lot of wash, rinse and repeat!

Christine said...

Can you imagine how boring life would be if they simply said, "Man, Mom, I really missed you."?

*she says in a whisper, for fear the pee monster will make a re-appearance in her home*

Love you guys. Love you so very, very much!

BT said...

Yup, it's all part of the healing process. In our family, we often see huge progressions accompanied by significant regressions. Sometimes the regressions precede the progress, other times it's in reverse. I just figure that the progress scares their pants off, so then we get regression. But if I were to chart it, there would be an overall trajectory of progress. Still, these regressions are TOUGH, and I don't know how you're managing with three simultaneoulsy dysregulated kids. Fun times.

Dia por Dia said...

I keep telling myself I wouldn't recognize the ups without the downs. I have forgotten what boring is like. Wouldn't mind revisiting again for just a little while though. :-) These days I just pretend I am the ringmaster of a three ring circus. This too shall pass!

MomInTheTrench said...

I love your outlook!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed