Saturday, May 1, 2010

The joys of toddlerhood!

Milagro is such a joy these days! She is growing up so very fast! Because she is so verbal it makes it easy to know what she is thinking of. Potty training is clearly on her mind. She talks about it all the time. The other day after I changed her diaper she went to put it in the trashcan and as she walked over to it she muttered "I really need to wear panties." Then two minutes later when I asked her if she was ready to wear panties she said "Nope! I'm just a baby. When I'm a big girl I will pee in the potty. Not now!"

The other day when our friends were visiting I was running around trying to get everyone ready and out the door for an exciting day trip. That morning C. has a meeting but was meeting us back at the house so we could all head out together. When she sent me a message that she was almost home I hustled everyone into the van. We had a full load and I got into the passenger seat leaving the driver's seat empty because C. was going to drive. All the kids and my friend knew we were just waiting for C. to pull in so they busied themselves with their books and conversations including Milagro. A couple of minute passed and Milagro suddenly called out, to no one in particular, "Is someone going to drive?" She had the most puzzled look on her face. I burst out laughing and she said "what's so funny mom?" Which, of course, got me laughing again as I explained that we were waiting for C. When I finished she said "That's funny mom. I thought you was being silly and you forgot to drive!" Nothing gets past her!

She has been enjoying Spring as I marvel at all that she is becoming and learning. A couple of weeks ago we woke up to an incredible downpour. She announced she "needed" to go play in the rain and wouldn't wait for me to change her clothes. She had a blast and wouldn't come back into the house until she was drenched!

She is such an independent kid. Each day when she plays outside she manages to bring me something that has caught her attention or calls me to show me something. The other day she spotted this and insisted I take a picture of it!

Here is what she has brought in lately.

To the untrained eye...that looks like a bunch of sticks and a leaf and a shell. However those aren't just any sticks...

Those are "Y" sticks. Collecting "Y" sticks has become an obsession! As is climbing trees....



7 comments:

GB's Mom said...

She looks like a delightful handful :)

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

LOL "I really need to wear panties", that is SO cute!
She really is adorable.

J. said...

oh my she is such a cutie! and the Y sticks are brillant.

Lee said...

I love the pictures! I can see her inquisitive and independent spirit. love it!

Hartley said...

Gorgeous photos! It is easy to forget the amazement of childhood -- thank you for reminding me. :)

And, I have to say, that my youngest Matthew has been obsessed with letters this spring too! All letters, their sounds, finding them, and reading them. Isn't learning with a preschooler fun?

Thanks Dia!
Hartley
www.hartleysboys.com

matryoshka said...

She is SO cute!!!!!!!!

Lee said...

We had some really strong winds yesterday and on our way to the park we passed lots of twigs everywhere. There were Y sticks galore! Glad to see others dance around in the rain. We do that a lot too.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed