- Pollito is now officially homeschooled. We pulled him out about 2 weeks ago and he is THRILLED. Mom is less than thrilled but thinks she did the right thing...
- Week-long visit from my dear friend and her daughter (my summer child) confirmed that I need a summer without a fifth child so I "discouraged" her regular summer several months stay. This will make for the first time in 4 summers that I don't have her daughter with us but I need this. She's a great kid but another 10 year old right now isn't what we need.
- Tortuga is making progress and having some setbacks. We are planning on sending him off for a weeklong camping trip with his grandfather so we can get a break. Shhhhh....he doesn't know about it yet.
- Corazon is out of gymnastics. Long story. Loads of drama. Right choice (for now) but I got a stir-crazy athlete on my hands. Will likely find another gym for her but timing sucks!
- We have one pre-diabetic household member and kids who eat just about anything so we are always mindful but I have made dietary changes for everyone's health--no one has noticed what's missing.
- Milagro is toying with giving up diapers. She won't officially potty-train and she loves the feel of "big girl" underwear BUT prefers to do her business in diapers. So we dress her without diapers and when she needs to go she will hold it until she gets a diaper! Go figure.
- We have confirmed that we will once again travel to New England this summer. Will travel from Texas to PA then up to Boston then work our way down to D.C. and then home. Kids are preparing their lists of sites to visit given that they are history buffs and we have spent a chunk of this year exploring colonial times, women suffragists, peace movements, American revolution and the Civil War. We are excited to hit the road again!
- Lastly, put perhaps most shocking of all, I have thrown out ALL my dishtowels and replaced them with new ones. Some were older than my kids. Call me crazy.
Friday, April 23, 2010
It's been so challenging to settle down long enough to write. I think it is partly Spring fever and partly needing to do a little regrouping. I'm working on getting myself to write about some of the goings on around here soon but for now I will have to settle with jotting down a few key points. Many changes around here...so in no particular order....
Posted by Dia por Dia at 8:03 AM