Monday, February 1, 2010

Corazon tidbits


A few weeks ago we had another series of "episodes" in which Corazon decided to deface our furniture. She has carved things into some of our wooden furniture in the past and has written on all kinds of surfaces over time. We finally got her this writing table to use for her work and periodically have her clean it. She takes great pride and ownership of this surface and is known to spend a good deal of time pretending to not know how to do her work while at the same time doing it correctly on her table (think multiplication.) Anyway, the other day she wrote all over the dining room table as a way of showing us that she shouldn't be trusted to work there yet. My mistake. I didn't say anything about it but a few days letter I took some sharpies and wrote all over her work table. At first she insisted it was because the anniversary of her joining the family was coming up. I told her she was right. But she KNEW there was more to it and couldn't figure out how to confront me without fessing up to writing on the dining table (where she asks to work at but then defaces). After two full days she just came up to me and said "Mom I need to know WHY you wrote on my table!" She wouldn't accept my answer of "because I love you." So she finally came right out and said "MOM! I know why you wrote on my table. It is because I wrote on the dining table and you want me to know that you still love me!" I smiled but didn't say anything. Then she started writing in all the white spaces and when I didn't say anything she said "I am writing on my desk mom. Do you know why? Because it gets tiring to read all this love stuff!"  Hmmmmmm.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Between you and Lisa, it seems to be in the air this week!

Dia por Dia said...

Christine,
Yep that was actually what reminded me to post about our little exchange...

J. said...

I am trying to remember if I commented, i read this last night but I can't remember - I wanted to say that is brillant! I love all the little bits that she added.

Givans Family said...

I didn't hold my day together as well as you did today.....sigh....I keep praying for it to come.....just keep reading blogs and being reminded that I CAN do this...and we don't even have RAD!

Lisa said...

Yay Dia! The reaction around here has been really cool.

BTW....so totally envious that you spent the day with Christine. Need to start planning my trip. ;)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed