Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Three Kings Day and Happy New Year 2010!

Happy New Year and Feliz Dia de los Reyes! The last of our holiday visitors left earlier today. We had a good visit with our friend P. and her 89 year old mom. In the past two and a half weeks we celebrated the boys' adoption anniversaries, Christmas, C.'s 39th birthday, New Year's and P.'s 61st birthday the day before she left. We are through with cakes for awhile but gotcha days are coming up so I need to get creative about treats that aren't cake (or cookies) for those celebrations. Tomorrow I will tackle getting decorations taken down and getting my homeschoolers back into their school routines.

Corazon has started gymnastics again. New schedule has her going 4 days/week for 3 1/2 hours each time plus 2 1/2 hours on Saturday mornings. She has been so excited by the new workouts although she is stiff and sore. The new coaches are tough but in a totally great-for-RAD-kids-kinda-way! She will hopefully thrive in that new structure. I need to find a balance for her because I am confronting that while she is totally attached to me it still feels like an "anxious" form of attachment and carries lots of baggage on top of her RAD behaviors. She is also reverting back to lots and lots of those "annoying" behaviors--forgetting how to do simple tasks, playing dumb (yesterday she couldn't "remember" what number came after 39), leaving 1 spoon in the dishwasher when she is asked to empty it, sneaking, lying with evidence in hand, etc. Nothing really major but stuff she had mostly been past. I am sure the changes in routine have created this plus two weeks off from gymnastics.

Tortuga need his own post. Lots of changes--good and not-so-good. Lots of testing but a new thing new--lots of "baby-like" behaviors and lots of calling out to me in the middle of the night (although not wanting comfort). I need a plan for some of this because all the adults around here are cranky after many nights of interrupted sleep. I swear the toddler is the only child of ours who has never kept us up at night! Pollito returned to school on Tuesday and has had two really good days. His teacher says she is seeing some maturing (socially and academically). Milagro is her usual cheery self. She got a keyboard and a "pizza party" for Christmas and those two items along with the mini-trampoline have continued to keep her happy.

The kids got gifts last night from P. for 3 kings day and this morning I decided not to give them their gifts until tonight before bed because we had so much going on. The gifts were a big hit--art kits for each of them and a book. We seem to have hit a good balance with the holidays and gifts.

On another note Amy over at My Life is Funny Like That gave me this lovely award.




Thank you Amy I think you totally deserved the award! I think I will pass this along to my dear friend ldw at My Sweet Chaos. I love reading her blog and laughing/crying right along with her!

4 comments:

J. said...

and happy 3 kings ot you too! Glad to hear that my monkey is not the only one with the behaviours as routines change again.

Wife to the Rockstar said...

Great blog you have here. Can't wait to read more.

Dia por Dia said...

Thank you "Wife to the Rockstar"!
J--I do love having company :-)

ldw said...

Awwww!!! Thanks sweetie! You are my lifesaver~!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed