Sunday, December 6, 2009

World's Best Toddler-Seriously

Yesterday morning I woke up with a very high fever (103.6) and no other symptoms. We had planned to go out to get our Christmas tree but combined with the cold and my not feeling well that was not to be. My timing couldn't have been lousier since C. is working to complete a paper due this coming week. Anyway, I propped myself on the couch in the family room with a nice fire in the fireplace, a few pillows and a mound of blankets. Milagro noticed I was lying down and asked C. what I was doing. C. told her I wasn't feeling well. Milagro went upstairs to her room, got her favorite stuffed animal, and brought it to me saying "Mom, Penny will make you feel better." Then she went to her bookshelf and brought me 3 of her books to read. I was in the middle of getting up to use the bathroom but she wanted me to sit down. I told her where I was going and she ran to the bathroom and started calling me: "Mommm! Mommm! I open the door for you!" I get there and she tells me she will stay with me in case I "need help." Then she takes my hand, walks me back to the couch and tucks me in with a "feel better, Mom."

A minute or two later she shows up with a popsicle from the standup freezer and says "This my favorite Mom. It make you feel better. ... [pause] Love you mom. I no like it when you sick." (Which is what I say to her when she is sick.)

10 comments:

Jennie said...

I was just thanking God today for my 5 year old that has no challenges. If it weren't for my challenge-free 5 year old, the challenges of my other two would make me throw in the towel on motherhood! Here's to lovely moments with our children! *raising a glass*

Lee said...

*Definately* the world's best toddler. Hope you feel lots better soon.

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Oh, how very sweet when they show us the love they have learned! Feel better soon. The baby was enjoying sitting up, cruising in her sling today. Thanks!

Lisa said...

Awwwww....she's the sweetest thing ever!

Christine said...

I would smooch her, if she were standing right here.

Brie said...

what a sweet little girl!!! hope you're feeling better!

Hartley said...

What a doll! Thanks for sharing--it is so easy to get lost in the day to day of raising such challenging children that you forget how special they each are.

Hope you are feeling better,
Hartley
hartleysboys.blogspot.com

Mom 4 Kids said...

What a sweet heart! She has obviously learned to be a good little Mama!

BT said...

So sweet! And hope you are feeling tons better.

You may have dropped Milagro's real-life name in this post??

BT said...

Oops, Penny is her stuffed animal, no?!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed