Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays to everyone who is celebrating!

Took the kids on a 12 hour drive yesterday and they were great! My mom changed her mind about visiting for the holidays, then refused to fly. She lives 5 1/2 hours away so we loaded all the kids, the DVD player, Xmas movies and CDs, and lots of snacks and off to get her we went. Just call me a dutiful daughter. I hadn't planned on losing a day of holiday prep so I was on the verge of stressing but since I so do hate stress I just baked cookies instead. :-)

The kids have relaxed all day long--making cards and snowflakes, decorating cookies, playing, watching Christmas movies again and again. I made a traditional Mexican holiday dinner--Chicken mole, rice & beans and my sister and her daughter came out and hung with us. Right now the kids are watching Polar Express and tracking Santa on Santa Tracker. As soon as they finish, they will put out the Santa treats--Nachos and diet coke, in case you are wondering--and go to bed.  The gifts are wrapped and ready so C. & I will bring out the Santa gifts and set things up and I plan on being in bed by 11. Early for me.

Good night all....

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hoping today went well too.

Missing you...

MomInTheTrench said...

Nachos and Diet Coke! How awesome!

MomInTheTrench said...

I gave you an award. C'mon over to get it.

ldw said...

But I gave you an award too! She beat me to it! LOL - come on by!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed