Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Prep


We have a full house. C's family--parents, uncles, 2 brothers, 1 sister-in-law and 2 year old niece have joined us for the week. Amidst all the requisite meal preparations, chauffering, airport and grocery runs, and of course, therapeutic parenting, I managed to find two hours tonight to give Corazon something she has been missing for several months. She loves having her hair in braids/beads but they aren't allowed for gymnastics. Since she has the bulk of the week off, we put these in. I was pretty pleased with my handiwork.

Life is good. We are busy. Kids are going through the usual holiday ups and downs. We are trying to get pictures of the grandparents with all their grandkids today in addition to some sight-seeing. Not sure how the kids will handle it but so far we are holding steady. In case I don't get a chance to say it tomorrow--one of the things I am most grateful for this year is my new-found community of RAD moms and friends of RAD moms who have made up an important part of my community this year. Happy Thanksgiving to each of you and know that I will be thinking of you and your families tomorrow.

7 comments:

Foster Ima said...

Love Corazon's beads! My Sabrina has braids/beads, and they are adorable, but I can't quite get used to the noise! Yesterday she was dancing around the living room, and it sounded exactly like it sometimes sounds when there is a bug trapped behind the window blinds. Weird.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa said...

Corazon's hair is beautiful!!!

Hoping your Thanksgiving is drama free. Will be thinking of all of you. Very grateful to have you in my life.

Lee said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love her braids and beads. Lissa has beads going right now too but wants to take a break afterwards as she says they bother her when she sleeps now!

BT said...

Hey! Great job on Corazon's beads. She must be delighted.

Happy Thanksgiving! It's not TG here in Canada (ours was ages ago), so a normal workday for me.

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

That looks so pretty! I just love braids and beads. CUTE!
BTW, you are a mommy rock-star for getting that done in 2 hours. I mean, 2 hours? You should set up a shop!
Also very grateful for the RAD moms I have "met" this year. Saved me more than once!

Hartley said...

Love the hair!

Happy Thanksgiving--all of you are on my "Thankful List" this year, along with all of my blogger friends.

Take care of those babies,
Hartley
hartleysboys.blogspot.com

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Her hair looks great! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed