Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's moments like these....

In the car yesterday afternoon as I pulled out of the driveway.

Me: Tortuga, we are late to pick up your brother! You did not do what you were supposed to do and you are going to have a consequence for that.

T: But Mom YOU put the books on the table and I didn't....

Me: I am interrupting you... [pause] You were supposed to put the books on that table after lunch. You left your lunch without finishing it and told me it was because you wanted to get the books on the table before you forgot. After lunch I asked you and you said you had done it. I believed you and didn't check on you. My fault. Now we don't have the books ready to take to the library and you will have to pay a fine. That is part of your consequence but there will be more.

[short pause]

T: Mom, can I tell you something?

Me: Sure.

T: Thank you for giving me a consequence for the books. You are right. It is my fault.


I think I heard right.

8 comments:

ldw said...

Whoa...

Lisa said...

Miracles do happen!

Christine said...

OH DEAR LORD!

Tracey said...

Holy cow!! Awesome!

Mama Drama Times Two said...

WHOA! Mark it on the calendar!!!

BT said...

Holy cow, Batman! A breakthrough! Congratulations!

Much of that dialogue is a nearly word-for-word match to some that we have had, right down to the "I am interrupting you"!

matryoshka said...

wow!!!! I don't think Jupiter has EVER said that. I'm not sure I ever will...but I have hope :)

Dia por Dia said...

I have confirmed I didn't hear wrong. I have check astrological charts for strange anomalies. I think I am witnessing a miracle.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed