Thursday, July 23, 2009

My brilliant almost two year old

Milagro likes to rub her belly and belly button when she is getting ready to sleep or nap. She has done this since she was about 6 months old. A few days ago I noticed she was falling asleep on the couch and she had her hand under her shirt but a little further north. Being the curious mom that I am I asked her "are you rubbing your belly button?" She looked at me and paused for a moment and then said "noooooo mom I bubbing my boobies!" I deserved that for asking a silly question. That is her new place to rub when she is trying to sleep. I suppose I should be grateful it isn't further south. Then again, she'd be the only one of my kids who hasn't done that! Oh, the joys of a non-RAD kid!

This morning she "passed gas" as her siblings have taught her to say. In her excited to announce this she said "Mom! I farted in my butt!" Then she quickly corrected herself to say "I pass gas in my butt!" Isn't she just brilliant?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

BEE U T FUL!!!

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

*snort snort* my girls say they "burped". Somehow Genea said this when she arrived and it stuck for them both.

marythemom said...

I had a friend who's son liked to play with the tapes on his diapers as he went to sleep. Needless to say it did NOT look like that was what his hand was doing.

Kids are so earthy aren't they?! LOL

Mary in TX
http://marythemom-mayhem.blogspot.com
I'm an online mentor at: http://rad-online.org/

ldw said...

That's awesome! AE always seems to pass gas while I am holding her. She giggles and says "I poot on your arm!!!"

So precious!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed