Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Two steps forward, three steps back

We are doing that dance around here. I cannot write much about it at this point so I keep focusing on telling Corazon's adoption story. I hope folks aren't bored with that but it is helping me gain perspective. Corazon is at a low point. She had done really well but she is spiralling downward again. I think I gave her too much control and too much trust too soon. I have to pull back. Tortuga is all over the place. Sometimes he seems to be working hard to do the right thing, not talk back, yell, or explode but mostly he is defiant, explosive, oppositional, unpleasant to be around and just not willing to work on anything for long. He has started doing the tapping more regularly and I think it is helping. I think I am also tired and becoming less tolerant of his behaviors. I feel like Pollito and Milagro continue to be neglected around here because they aren't acting out.

This weekend we were supposed to celebrate Tortuga's birthday. I cancelled almost all the plans and surprised him with cake and a few presents on Sunday morning. My sister, brother in law and niece came over and my mom and my aunt were also here. He was pleased and seemed to hold it together for the brief celebration. My mom and my aunt are visiting for a few weeks and are staying with us. We drove 5 1/2 hours each way to get them on Saturday. I left Pollito with my sister because he was invited to his first friend's birthday party and I really wanted him to go. He had a great time. He spent the night with my sister and she took him to the party. He was all smiles when I picked him up late Saturday night and told me "Mom, I missed you sooooo much!" Music to my ears.

Edited: I have a coupon for $300.00 off TWO people signing up for a Beyond Consequences training. If there is anyone who could use it please let me know. Expiration date is December 2009.

3 comments:

SocialWkr24/7 said...

Don't Stop!! I am really enjoying your posts about Corazon. You are certainly helping me to do my job better. :)

Dia por Dia said...

Thanks Socialwkr24/7. I will keep it up. It is also helping me gain perspective on how far we have come.

Dancing on the Edge said...

Corazon's story is NOT boring! I can relate to so much of it. I'm sorry the older 2 are giving you a hard time right now. The seasons changing always affects these kids. Hang in there, you are an awesome Mom, and you are doing the right thing!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed