Friday, April 3, 2009

Iowa?

This continues to be a challenging weekend with the older kids even though the weekend has just begun. I am up later than I usually am because every time I try to close my eyes I find myself drawn right into their issues and how to help. I keep strategizing about how to deal with this behavior or that behavior. They monopolize my waking hours which I don't usually mind but tonight they are monopolizing my sleeping hours and someone is going to have to pay... :)

So as I sat here trying to compose a post that didn't make me sound too whiny, or too fed up, or too upset and totally failing at it I decided to catch up on reading the news. It always helps take my attention off the kids especially because there are so many depressing things out there that it puts my life into perspective. Some pretty terrible things happened out here in our world but I cannot focus on that here.

Instead I wanted to turn this around and think about something good that is happening in our world. This may not seem like good news to everyone but it is to our family and families like ours. Looks like Iowa has become state #3 to legalize same-sex marriages. I can honestly say that of ALL the states I never would have guessed it would be Iowa. It was good to be reminded that good things can come from where I least expected. Now if I can just apply that thinking to my kids....

2 comments:

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

Ha ha, same here, I would not have guessed Iowa in the top 3 either! For sure sometimes you have to expect the unexpected.

Lisa said...

Yay for Iowa!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed